[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#326][opened] adtrust: remove FILE: prefix from 'dedicated keytab file' in smb.conf

abbra freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 09:01:43 UTC 2016

Author: abbra
 Title: #326: adtrust: remove FILE: prefix from 'dedicated keytab file' in smb.conf
Action: opened

PR body:
"""
Samba 4.5 does not allow to specify access mode for the keytab (FILE: or
WRFILE:) from external sources. Thus, change the defaults to a path
(implies FILE: prefix) while Samba Team fixes the code to allow the
access mode prefix for keytabs.

On upgrade we need to replace 'dedicated keytab file' value with the
path to the Samba keytab that FreeIPA maintains. Since the configuration
is stored in the Samba registry, we use net utility to manipulate the
configuration:

    net conf setparm global 'dedicated keytab file' /etc/samba/samba.keytab

Fixes https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/6551
"""

To pull the PR as Git branch:
git remote add ghfreeipa https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa