[Freeipa-devel] Travis CI unexpected PEP8 errors

Ben Lipton blipton at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 01:53:59 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure this is unrelated to the CI issues discussed in other
threads recently, but they reminded me that I've been having this odd issue.

https://travis-ci.org/freeipa/freeipa/jobs/183756995 is the most recent
run on my pull request, https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/10. For
a while now, every time the CI runs on my PR, it fails due to several
PEP8 errors that are not detected when I run `git diff master -U0 | pep8
--diff` on my local copy. In fact, the errors are all in files not
touched by my PR, which doesn't make much sense to me based on the
behavior of `git diff`.

I noticed that the top of the travis build says:

  - Commit 1f50550
  - #10: Client-side CSR autogeneration
  - Branch master

I'm not sure what the "commit" link actually means, but that commit
seems to have nothing to do with my PR nor the current master. Could
Travis be diffing against the wrong code? Or if not, do you have any
idea what might be causing these failures?

Thanks,
Ben