[Freeipa-devel] Design: Automatic Empty Zone handling in bind-dyndb-ldap

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 08:11:27 UTC 2016

On 12.1.2016 15:10, Martin Basti wrote:

> On 12.01.2016 15:06, Petr Spacek wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> IIUC, the differences between default bind behaviour and bind-dyndb-ldap
>>> behaviour are:
>>>
>>> * disable automatic empty zone when policy is 'first' or 'only', instead of
>>> just 'only'
>>> I liked it more than default behaviour of named, but could be this somehow
>>> unexpected by users, or they will be happy that it works better (?) than in
>>> named?
>> I hope users will appreciate it :-)
>>
>>> * bind-dyndb-ldap will not recreate automate empty zone
>>> IMO this should not harm at all
>>>
>>> so design LGTM, I will thinking about it over this weekend
>> Did you find any problem?
>>

>> Petr^2 Spacek
>
> My mind did not pop out any issue during weekend.
> It should work :)

I was discussing this further with BIND upstream and Mark Andrews do not like
it. IMHO we should respect his opinion and do that same what BIND 9.11 is
going to do.

For this reason I've updated design page
https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/wiki/BIND9/Design/AutomaticEmptyZones
with the new approach.

Please review it again. It contains new sections Configuration and Upgrade.

Thank you!

--
Petr^2 Spacek