[Freeipa-devel] [TEST][Patch 0020] Enabled recreation of test directory during ipa reinstallation

Oleg Fayans ofayans at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 12:50:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 01/29/2016 01:44 PM, Martin Basti wrote:

> On 29.01.2016 13:24, Oleg Fayans wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> On 01/29/2016 10:33 AM, Martin Basti wrote:
>>>
>>> On 21.01.2016 12:59, Oleg Fayans wrote:
>>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> 1)
>>> I'm not sure if it is bug or it is related to this patch, but there is
>>> missing symetry in test_caless, I see there apply fixes but not
>>> unapply_fixes
>> test_caless is currently worked at, the patch containing a lot of
>> changes is on it's way, so the current version of this file can be
>> ignored.
> ok
>>
>>> ipatests/ipa-test-task:378:            tasks.unapply_fixes(host)
>>> ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:201:def unapply_fixes(host):
>>> ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:646:    unapply_fixes(host)
>>> ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:654:    unapply_fixes(host)
>>> ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:997:    unapply_fixes(replica)
>>> ipatests/test_integration/test_legacy_clients.py:373:
>>> tasks.unapply_fixes(cls.legacy_client)
>>>

>>> ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:91:def apply_common_fixes(host,
>>> fix_resolv=True):
>>> ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:269:    apply_common_fixes(host,
>>> fix_resolv=False)
>>> ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:320:    apply_common_fixes(replica)
>>> ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:386:    apply_common_fixes(client)
>>> ipatests/test_integration/test_caless.py:101:
>>> tasks.apply_common_fixes(host)
>>> ipatests/test_integration/test_legacy_clients.py:361:
>>> tasks.apply_common_fixes(cls.legacy_client)
>>
>>> 2)
>>> IMO unapply_fixes is called twice for replica uninstall
>>>
>>>       uninstall_master(replica)
>>> +    unapply_fixes(replica)
>>>
>>> uninstall_master calls unapply_fixes() too
>> right. Fixed
>>
>>> 3)
>>> what is purpose of prepare_host? I saw it used only in
>>> test_forced_client_reenrollment.py
>> The purpose is to create a testing folder that contains the host
>> configuration file env.sh and system file backups
>>
>> The problem was that unapply_common_fixes removed the testing directory.
>> If you then wanted to re-install master within the same test execution,
>> it would fail at the attempt to backup system files (as part of
>> apply_common_fixes, see backup_file method in tasks.py - line that does
>> mkdir_recursive)
> ok
>>
>>> Which test was failing?
>> Test_replica_promotion.py (not merged yet)
>> And basically any test that includes more than one
>> installation-uninstallation cycle would be affected
> I didn't noticed yet

That's because so far all our integration tests implied only one such
cycle. But that does not mean we should restrict ourselves to this
pattern :)

>>> 4)
>>> in test_forced_client_reenrollment.py there is direct call of
>>> prepare_host, but this is also install_client that calls prepare_host
>>> too (added by your patch)
>> We can remove prepare_host call from test_client_reenrollment. Do you
>> think I should do it in the same patch, or in a separate one?
> In this patch please.

Done

--
Oleg Fayans