[Freeipa-devel] provisioning and RetroCL/Content_Sync

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 13:50:52 UTC 2016

Hello,

    The subject of provisioning was discussed
    https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2016-May/msg00065.html. The
    documentation of the provisioning procedure is still going on but
    reviewing it I have a doubt about RetroCL/Content_Sync.

    Provisioning will be done with high recommendations/constraints:

      * The provisioned instance should not be accessed by ldap client
        during provisioning.
      * The IPA deployment should contain only one server (the one used
        for provisioning) in order to prevent replication latency

    During provisioning, disabling RetroCL/Content_Sync gives a ~10%
    improvements (reducing the #ADD).

    The drawback of disabling RetroCL/Content_Sync is that the
    provisioned instance will not be able to send provisioned entries
    through syncRepl.
    Now considering that the provisioned instance is unique in the
    topology and will do full init of replicas, I think SyncRepl is
    useless and then we can disable RetroCL/Content_Sync during
    provisioning.

    Anyone is seeing a problem if those plugins are disabled during
    provisioning ?

    thanks
    thierry