[Freeipa-devel] Disabling Schema Compatibility rule

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 12:09:43 UTC 2016

On Fri, 04 Mar 2016, Martin Kosek wrote:
>On 03/04/2016 12:59 PM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

>>> This is what I was afraid of...

>>> I think it would.

>>> Well, slapi-nis will still maintain the memory cache, AFAIK.
>>>
>>> How difficult would it be to implement
>>>
>>> schema-compat-enabled: on|off
>>>
>>> ? It seems to me as the best way forward.
>> The attribute itself is not hard to implement. It is much more complex
>> to ensure the map is ignored if disabled.
>
>Even if we require 389-ds-base restart after this configuration? I would guess
>that it should be then easy to simply ignore the disabled rule and do not load it.
It is not about restart. slapi-nis has long supported changing
configuration on flight. You don't need to restart 389-ds on removal of
the configuration.

Removing this feature is certainly not welcomed.

My observation about the complexity is basically questioning the need to
do such switch at all -- by working on the switch we are delaying work
on slapi-nis successor.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy