[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA COPR repos for 4.2.4 and 4.3.1 release candidates

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 17:17:58 UTC 2016

On 03/09/2016 03:22 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 02:57:07PM +0100, Petr Vobornik wrote:
>>
>> I didn't realize that pvoborni/freeipa is still used by somebody and not a
>> personal testing repo - it was created at a time when @freeipa group didn't
>> exist.
>>
>> For testing, please use
>>      @freeipa/freeipa-4-3  for stable 4.3 release
>
> Thank you, that works. The only minor drawback is that
> pvoborni/freeipa-4-3 used to be announced as official repo while this
> one says
>
> 	This *will* be the official COPR repository
>
> suggesting it is not yet considered official.

pvoborni/freeipa-4-3 was never official it was used for 4-3 pre-release
testing. mkosek/freeipa-4.3 is (and other in mkosek namespace). But they
are being migrated to @freeipa namespace. The only remaining is
@mkosek/freeipa-4-2. It was not officially announced yet.

>> In a near future
>>      @freeipa/freeipa-4-3-centos7  will contain CentOS build of 4.3
>
> Should I cast some preference, it'd be nice to have the CentOS builds
> in @freeipa/freeipa-4-3 as well. The copr repo can have multiple
> releases (there already are Fedora 23, 24, and rawhide) and adding
> CentOS there instead to separate location could increase visibility
> and decrease confusion.

The issue is different versions of packages(mostly specs) and
dependencies. Of course, it is possible to build certain packages with
different srpm only for CentOS but using a different repo is in my
opinion more clear.
--
Petr Vobornik