[Freeipa-devel] Another batch of Python 3 patches

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Tue May 3 13:52:21 UTC 2016

On 05/03/2016 03:02 PM, Petr Spacek wrote:
> On 2.5.2016 18:02, Martin Basti wrote:
>>

>> On 29.04.2016 19:46, Petr Viktorin wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> These patches concentrate on tests, and code that was added/changed
>>> since I last looked at the FreeIPA project.
>>>
>>> With these patches, I'm back to getting the same errors under py2 and
>>> py3 when in test_xmlrpc.
>>>

>> Patch 777:
>> Could you fix all relative imports and enable check in pylint for that?
>> (Remove relative-import from pylintrc), IMO there is just one extra relative
>> import in custodia module.

Would it be OK if I do that in a separate patch, in the next batch? This
one is fixing the tests.
(I have the change in my worktree, so I won't forget when I next sit
down to work on IPA.)

>> Do you plan to use in py2 ?
>> from__future__importabsolute_import

I think that's unnecessary boilerplate; the errors this catches are
easily found by other means.
And it doesn't guard against someone forgetting the __future__ import
itself in a new file. The pylint check will be much better.

--
Petr Viktorin