[Freeipa-devel] Provisioning throughput

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Thu May 5 13:44:41 UTC 2016

On 05/04/2016 02:20 PM, thierry bordaz wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I have been doing some tests/measures using
>     https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa-tools/blob/master/create-test-data.py.
>     The tool creates a set of typical users/hosts/groups... to import with a
>     ldapadd.
>
>     I wrote down some finding in
>     http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Performance_Improvements#Provisioning_throughput_and_DS_plugins.
>     I still have to do some cleanup around the performance but the basic of a
>     possible improvement is to do provisioning in several steps (disabling
>     plugins, provisioning, enabling plugin, running fixup tasks).
>
>     Before going further in the design I wanted to share those ideas and know if
>     it raise any concern.
>
>     thanks
>     thierry

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for the analysis. Very nice.

Knowing this will help us suggesting workarounds also for old releases.

Couple questions:

Have you tested retrCL disabled with memberOf enabled. It seems that it
would eliminate 550K adds and 0.8M searches. What would be the time
improvement?

Do you know what is the time when memberof is enabled but slapi-nis and
retroCL are disabled?

>From the text it was not clear to me, if you find or investigate
possible improvements in memberof plugin which would improve the
performance without stopping and starting DS.
--
Petr Vobornik