[Freeipa-devel] [WIP] Thin client

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Fri May 6 12:32:13 UTC 2016

On 28.04.2016 14:45, Jan Cholasta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have pushed my thin client WIP branch to GitHub:
> <https://github.com/jcholast/freeipa/tree/trac-4739>.
>
> All commits up to "ipalib: use relative imports for cross-plugin
> imports" should be good for review. The rest is subject to change
> (WARNING: I will force push into this branch).
>
> Honza

I did not test it yet, I just checked the code

* automount: do not inherit automountlocation_tofiles from LDAPQuery *
LGTM

* dns: move all dnsrecord code called on client to a single class *
LGTM

* dns: do not rely on server data structures in code called on client *
1)
you forgot to increment VERSION

Otherwise LGTM

* otptoken: fix import of DN *
ACK

* otptoken_yubikey: fix otptoken_add_yubikey arguments *
1)
you forgot to increment VERSION

2)
Did you find out why this was issue?
-        del answer['value']    # Why does this cause an error if omitted?
  -        del answer['summary']  # Why does this cause an error if omitted?

Otherwise LGTM

* vault: move client-side code to the module level *
LGTM

* vault: copy arguments of client commands from server counterparts *
1)
you forgot to increment Version

* ipalib: use relative imports for cross-plugin imports *
1) Missing explanation for future generations why this change is needed
in commit message

The other commits I will check later.
Martin^2