[Freeipa-devel] Generate report of user access levels on each system

Jerel Gilmer jerel.gilmer at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:33:51 UTC 2016

Thanks Jakub.  My goal for the scripts I wrote would be
to potentially address both:

https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2840

The scripts could be run centrally from an IdM server and produce a report
for all registered systems in under a few seconds. I have over 1100 systems
in my environment.

Using the 'ipa hbactest' to produce a similar report would take too long to
run.

Using the sssd cache on each systems would be a local approach that
couldn't be scaled in my environment.

The scripts allow for producing centralized system auditing and reporting.

One issue I noticed users run into is the need to produce reports of
system's allowed users and sudo rules. Although I can easily list the HBAC
and Sudo rules for each system, trying to pull a user list can be a tedious
task. That's where these scripts come in.