[Freeipa-devel] [DESIGN-REVIEW] V4/Manage_replication_topology_4_4

Martin Babinsky mbabinsk at redhat.com
Wed May 18 15:18:51 UTC 2016

On 05/18/2016 05:01 PM, Oleg Fayans wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Did I understand correctly that in 4.4 release  the function of both
> 'ipa-csreplica-manage del' and 'ipa-replica-manage del' will be
> transfered to the API calls executed during replica uninstallation with
> 'ipa-server-install --uninstall'? Which means that 'ipa-replica-manage
> del' will be deprecated?

`ipa-csreplica-manage del` is deprecated in domain level 1 topology and
will raise an error, we even have a test case for this in replica
promotion CI tests ;). So no `server_del` here.

`ipa-replica-manage del` will not be explicitly deprecated, but it will
call `server_del` behind the scenes.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky