[Freeipa-devel] [WIP] Thin client

David Kupka dkupka at redhat.com
Wed May 25 13:03:36 UTC 2016

On 18/05/16 08:01, Jan Cholasta wrote:
> On 16.5.2016 16:35, Martin Basti wrote:

>>> This was deliberate, as it will no longer be necessary to bump VERSION
>>> for backward compatible changes after this whole patchset is merged.
>>> But we're not there yet, so fixed.
>>>
>> How we should handle VERSION after your patches?

>>> Fixed.

>>> The command definition was not complete, it was missing has_output.

>>> Fixed.

>>> Fixed.

>>> Okay. Thanks.
>>>

>> * frontend: remove the unused Command.soft_validate method
>> LGTM
>>
>> * frontend: perform argument value validation only on server
>> LGTM
>>
>> * frontend: do not forward argument defaults to server
>> I'm not a fan of returning  None in promt_param function, but I havent
>> found anything better to use.
>
> It always returned None for unset params.
>
>> LGTM
>>
>> * ipalib: optimize API.txt
>> this contains a lot of black magic, but because this is mainly copy of
>> current to proper places, LGTM
>
> It's actually mostly cut-n-paste.
>

>> * makeaci: load additional plugins using API.add_module
>> Looks good, but I miss explanation why is this change needed
>
> The next change would be impossible without this.
>

>> * plugable: replace API.import_plugins with new API.add_package
>> LGTM
>>

>> * ipalib, ipaserver: migrate all plugins to Registry-based registration
>> ACK
>>
>> * ipalib, ipaserver: fix incorrect API.register calls in docstrings
>> LGTM
>>

>> * plugable: remove the unused deprecated API.register method
>> LGTM
>>

>> * plugable: switch API to Registry-based plugin discovery
>> LGTM
>>
>> * frontend: merge baseldap.CallbackRegistry into Command
>> LGTM
>>
>> *frontend: move the interactive_prompt callback type to Command
>>  LGTM
>>
>> Martin^2

Hello,
first batch of 30 patches from Honza's trac-4739 branch
(https://github.com/jcholast/freeipa/commits/trac-4739) is ready to be
pushed into master.
All upto "frontend: allow commands to have an argument named `name`" got
over numerous test&fix cycles in last week+ and is working as expected
now, ACK.

Honzo, please rebase and push them, thanks!

--
David Kupka