[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#159][opened] spec file: clean up BuildRequires

jcholast freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Wed Oct 12 13:22:33 UTC 2016

Author: jcholast
 Title: #159: spec file: clean up BuildRequires
Action: opened

PR body:
"""
Add missing cyrus-sasl-devel, python-cffi, python-custodia, python-nose,
python-paste, python-sssdconfig and systemd-python BuildRequires.

Remove unused custodia, java-headless, m4, policycoreutils,
python-kdcproxy, python-rhsm, pyOpenSSL and systemd-units BuildRequires.

Correct versioned BuildRequires and provide explanatory comments.

**spec file: do not include BuildRequires for lint by default**

Lint is never executed from rpmbuild, so the BuildRequires for lint are
purely informational.

Include them only if %with_lint RPM macro is specified.

**pylint: enable the import-error check**

Check for import errors with pylint to make sure new python package
dependencies are not overlooked.

**ipaserver: remove ipalib import from setup.py**

Instead of importing ipalib to get IPA version string, create setup.py from
a template and have the version string automatically filled in.

This makes it possible to build the ipaserver package without having to
have ipalib dependencies installed.

**makeapi, makeaci: do not fail on missing imports**

Add import hook to makeapi and makeaci which makes them ignore import
errors in modules in our source tree and instead print a warning.

This makes it possible to build IPA without having to have most of our
runtime dependencies installed.

**client: remove unused libcurl build dependency**

**pwpolicy: do not run klist on import**

On pwpolicy module import, "klist -V" is run to determine if the installed
krb5 version supports account lockout (>= 1.8).

Remove the check, as we require a krb5 version which does support account
lockout (1.12).
"""

To pull the PR as Git branch:
git remote add ghfreeipa https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa