[Freeipa-devel] FleetCommander integration

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 11:01:47 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 01:18:14PM +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that FreeIPA 4.4.1 is out, I've pushed to github my prototype for
> FleetCommander integration: https://github.com/abbra/freeipa-desktop-profile/
>
> You can read the design page:
> https://github.com/abbra/freeipa-desktop-profile/blob/master/plugin/Feature.mediawiki

Hi Alexander,

if I understand it correctly each profile has a priority which is used
by FleetCommander on the client side to order the different profiles if
for a given user and host multiple rules matches.

To make this work smoothly each priority value should be only assigned
once to avoid a tie. Are you planning to use the uniqueness plugin on
the priority value or are there other ways to solve ties reliable in
FleetCommander?

bye,
Sumit