[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#162][opened] Certificate processing refactoring

frasertweedale freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 05:03:47 UTC 2016

Author: frasertweedale
 Title: #162: Certificate processing refactoring
Action: opened

PR body:
"""
This PR contains ready-for-review/test commits that:

- support converting python-cryptography Name type to DN

- avoid the need to parse friendlyName from CSR and remove
  the code that does that

- convert `ipalib.pkcs10` to use python-cryptography instead of NSS
  for processing CSRs.

- eliminate our use of the nss.data_to_hex function

- switch `ipalib.x509` to use ASN.1 specifications provided by
  *pyasn1-modules* library, and remove our hand-rolled definitions.

It was discussed to target subteam staging branches for the ongoing
refactoring work but it does not seem that these were created yet.
I can retarget the PR after the cert refactoring branch gets
created.
"""

To pull the PR as Git branch:
git remote add ghfreeipa https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa