[Freeipa-devel] [help]

郑磊 zhenglei at kylinos.cn
Thu Oct 20 01:06:00 UTC 2016

Email:zhenglei at kylinos.cn

From:  "Martin Basti"<mbasti at redhat.com>;
Date:  Wed, Oct 19, 2016 07:56 PM
To:  "郑磊"<zhenglei at kylinos.cn>; "freeipa-devel"<freeipa-devel at redhat.com>;

Subject:  Re: [Freeipa-devel] [help]

     On 19.10.2016 10:30, 郑磊 wrote:

             Email:zhenglei at kylinos.cn
             Company:天津麒麟信息技术有限公司
             Address:湖南长沙市开福区三一大道工美大厦十四楼

                            From:  "Martin                 Basti"<mbasti at redhat.com>;
               Date:  Wed, Oct 19, 2016 04:03 PM
               To:  "郑磊"<zhenglei at kylinos.cn>;                 "freeipa-devel"<freeipa-devel at redhat.com>;

             On 19.10.2016 03:35, 郑磊 wrote:

             Hello,
               In the process of using freeipa, we found a lot of content               without Chinese translation. In order to we can better use               the platform,
              we made a Chinese translation.             Sorry but I don't see any updates in zanata             https://fedora.zanata.org/iteration/view/freeipa/master/languages/zh-CN?dswid=-4750

             If you do a custom/manual translations this will not scale             and you will do the same every release

             I have applied to join Chinese translation organization in             zanata https://fedora.zanata.org/language/view/zh-CN?dswid=2727,             but there is no reply. And I have tried to translate in             zanata https://fedora.zanata.org/iteration/view/freeipa/master/languages/zh-CN?dswid=-4750,             But there seems to be no permission to modify. Whether I             need to put the translation file zh_CN.po to create pull             request against freeipa/freeipa on github?

     No please don't, we always generate .po files from zanata before     releases, so all changes are overwritten

     Ok, let me know how the adding you to zanata continue, if nobody     will answer for longer time, I can put you just to freeIPA project     as translator.

    Ok, Thx! If  there is still no respond in zanata for a period of time, I will contact you again.

              I think the translation work for freeipa               internationalization promotion also can have certain help.               In addition, in use process, we found that when test the               corresponding function of operation in the Web interface               is not a straightforward logging which needs to query in               the background, and it may not be intuitive and               convenient. In order to we can intuitively record what we               have done the operation in the Web interface, we do the               log module plug-ins.

                          webUI is just layer on top of our API calls.

             I know, What I mean is that no matter we are in API calls             mode to manipulate freeipa or Web UI way, we all can             intuitive see clearly under the log module. The log module             function is to record any of our operation.

          I think that they can be many caveats (access control, replication,     etc.) maybe would be good to see your code (you can send PR) how is     you current implementation.

    Ok, I organize the content first, you'll create a pull request against freeipa/freeipa on github later.

     Martin

                 祝:
                       工作顺利!生活愉快!
                   长沙研发中心 郑磊