[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#171][comment] Build system cleanup phase 2

lslebodn freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 08:36:07 UTC 2016

Title: #171: Build system cleanup phase 2

lslebodn commented:
"""
> Please note that current client-only build is quite broken and requires heavy machinery in downstream spec file so it is hard to speak about any reusage.
That's the problem of ugly downstream spec file.

This is a pure upstream discussion and how to make at least part of freeIPA more portable rather then closing doors for other platforms/distributions without systemd. There are still people on debian which does not use systemd and want to use sssd and ipa-client. The current patch-set would not create more portable client code. It would would just make it much harder and would require more downstream patches which is not very upstream friendly approach.

@pspacek, it would be good if you could comment my proposal with including configure snippets from subdirectories. `m4_include` works like a magic and if conditions around them would make much nicer configure script.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/171#issuecomment-255043715