[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#145][comment] Refactoring: LDAP Connection Management

rcritten freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 13:05:11 UTC 2016

Title: #145: Refactoring: LDAP Connection Management

rcritten commented:
"""
Removing the connection timeout makes me a bit edgy. It is quite unclear why that's there, perhaps python-ldap doesn't provide a timeout and things hung forever, I'm not sure. I'd double-check that there is a timeout if the remote server either isn't there (probably raises a connection error), or is there but doesn't respond.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/145#issuecomment-255099945