[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#171][comment] Build system cleanup phase 2

pspacek freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 07:41:26 UTC 2016

Title: #171: Build system cleanup phase 2

pspacek commented:
"""
> Correct me If I am wrong. The configure script is and will be used
just for detection of build dependencies for C-code.

Maybe this is why we do not understand each other. Autotools will orchestrate the complete build including configuration of Python (and other) components. This is what I meant by `Use autotools suite to orchestrate the build on the top-level` in the design document. If it is confusing I'm happy to improve it, just tell me what you want to see there.

This PR starts to use configure to create symlinks in ipaplatform Python module and more things are comming. If you look at http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Build_system_refactoring#Configuration you will see that configure is going contain switches for Python components as well as for Javascript components. I.e. there is nothing like C-only configure anymore.

I hope it clears the intent.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/171#issuecomment-255315466