[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#184][comment] Minor install script fixes

pvoborni freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 20:26:21 UTC 2016

Title: #184: Minor install script fixes

pvoborni commented:
"""
The debug patch breaks test installation on RHEL. Following exception is  printed only if install.py is adjusted to print exception on line
```
ipa         : ERROR    debug
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaserver/install/server/install.py", line 899, in install
    if options.debug:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/install/core.py", line 550, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError(name)
AttributeError: debug

```
I.e. there is no Knob debug nor verbose unless it is somehow copied. I don't know why it doesn't break install on Fedora but imho the patch cannot work.

This might also be the "there is no ipa-client-install.log"  issue. Because it fails just before calling ipa-client-install.

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/184#issuecomment-256165308