[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#84] Removed update_from_dict function from ldapupdate (comment)

abbra freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 11:55:28 UTC 2016

abbra commented on a pull request

"""
Update plugins are higher level of abstraction. They use ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate which provides both .update() and .update_from_dict() methods. Update plugins can produce dictionaries. With the change in this pull request they will have to always write down dynamic update content to files first and then run LDAPUpdate.update() with those files. Or re-implement .update_from_dict().

That's why I gave a NACK -- consider this coming from the work I'm doing right now to create documentation for external plugins. It is silly to remove function only to introduce it back.

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/84#issuecomment-247307982