[Freeipa-devel] Github review feature

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 07:17:57 UTC 2016

Sorry for stealing your thread, but you started asking about github
review emails :)

Standard review inline comments are disabled on purpose, each comment
generates one email, so we decided that is better after review to write
a regular comment "NACK, please see inline comments" or so.

I would expecting that the new review feature is sending all comments in
one batch, but I was wrong. I used the new review feature (with the
pending comments) but when I sent it I received all comments as single
notifications again, so again one inline comment = one email

Even worse it is with states of review (approved, required change). I
didn't received any notification from github related to this (not sure
if is part of any inline comment message or just not implemented yet).
This is not documented in their API docs (according David) so we cannot
use it our tools yet.

Generally adding Labels ACK/Rejected are more visible and filters can be
made easily.

So for now I would stay with our old workflow and not extend email
notifications. We can play with new review feature for longer time and
decide if it is worth to use it (and change email notification accordingly)

Martin^2