[Freeipa-devel] Pagure issue template

Standa Laznicka slaznick at redhat.com
Fri Apr 21 06:49:04 UTC 2017

On 04/21/2017 08:12 AM, Abhijeet Kasurde wrote:
> +1
>
> On 20/04/17 9:36 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to improve quality of bug reports and RFEs.
>>
>> A possibility I see is to create and issue template [1].
Sounds like a good idea! Please see my comments.

>> What do you think of the following template? Should we use it?
>>
>> """"
>> ### Request for enhancement
>> As <persona> , I want <what?> so that <why?>.
This sounds very labored. How about using:
"I am a <org_role> and I want ..."

>> ### Bug
>> #### What doesn't work (what was the goal)
<nitpick>"What's not working" proposes the situation will change and
sounds better IMO</nitpick>

>> #### Steps to Reproduce
>>
>> #### Actual results
>>
>> #### Expected results
>>
>> #### Version/Release/Distribution
>>    $ rpm -q freeipa-server ipa-server 389-ds-base pki-ca krb5-server
>>
>> #### Additional info:
>>
>> """"
>>

> 1.  Can we add pre-defined set of components in title ? for example,
>
> [CERT] some_cert_related bug description
> [installer] some installer related bug description
This is what Pagure has tags for. But you're right we might be missing
some, although "CERT" is probably not a good example, installer is. On
the other hand, "userstory" is a tag I will myself never use on purpose.

> 2. Also, Having a bot in place which will enforce or atleast suggest
> reporter to modify bug report.
>
>> [1] https://docs.pagure.org/pagure/usage/ticket_templates.html

My hope is that the issue template should do itself.

For the record, I love the way Atom guides you through their issue
creation: https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/new.