[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#735][comment] automount install: do not wait for sssd restart on uninstallation

rcritten freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 14:09:28 UTC 2017

Title: #735: automount install: do not wait for sssd restart on uninstallation

rcritten commented:
"""
I guess I have more issues with the commit message than the patch content. What would you suggest ensure that sssd is up? A typical user wouldn't notice until an nss lookup failed which likely means a login was rejected. The wait for restart was there to ensure, in interactive sessions at least, that unconfiguring automount didn't hose the system.

To me is another example of how wrong it is to require a ticket to initialize an API.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/735#issuecomment-297420281