[Freeipa-devel] "blocker" tag for pull request

Martin Bašti mbasti at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 12:41:04 UTC 2017

On 28.04.2017 14:17, Tomas Krizek wrote:
> On 04/28/2017 10:15 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I created "blocker" tag for FreeIPA Git Hub PRs.
>>
>> It is should be used to mark PRs which solves test blocker or other
>> functional blockers - e.g. blocks creation of demo. I.e. should be
>> used rather rarely.
>>
>> I don't like the tag name, but I couldn't find better.
> I think we could use the name "high-priority". It could have other uses
> besides marking a blocker, e.g. requesting prompt execution of tests in
> PR CI.
Sounds good or maybe "prioritized", IMHO "blocker" word is overused.

>> Note: blocker priority in pagure doesn't imply blocker tag in PR. But
>> testblocker tag in pagure does. Actually I'm thinking about changing
>> Pagure priority names to: "highest, high, medium, low, patchwelcome"
>>
> +1, but I'd prefer "critical" instead of "highest"

+1 for critical

pyldap uses "help wanted" instead "patchwelcome", it sounds better to
me. I'd use it as separate tag instead of priority. Even high
prioritized issues can be made by contributors in early phase of
development if they are easy enough.

Martin^2

--
Martin Bašti