[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#468][comment] Remove non-sensical kdestroy on https stop

rcritten freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 15:54:23 UTC 2017

Title: #468: Remove non-sensical kdestroy on https stop

rcritten commented:
"""
Rudeness is not necessary.

You said:

"As to why a) we backup Kerberos keys, and b) support restoring into running IPA server that is beyond me."

The reason for a) is to restore an exact copy of what was backed up.

As for b, the idea of restoring into a running IPA server to replace the existing install with a new one is something I discuss in some detail at http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/Backup_and_Restore and outline the ton of problems associated with it. It was never intended to be supported due to these issues.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/468#issuecomment-280049816