[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#364][comment] Client-only builds with --disable-server

simo5 freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 14:16:39 UTC 2017

Title: #364: Client-only builds with --disable-server

simo5 commented:
"""
So this is the reasoning and why I am approving this PR and not #494.

When you build all components, including server bits, tests are installed, therefore when we build just client bits tets that are relevant to client bits also need to be installed for consistency.

Any switch should default to the same behavior regardless of whether server build is enabled. It is confusing if the --with[out]-[ipa]tests switch changes default based on a different switch passed to configure.

As far as I understand this PR maintains the same default for either server or client only builds, so it gets my approval.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/364#issuecomment-281680804