[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#479][comment] Merge AD trust installer into composite ones

martbab freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 16:14:56 UTC 2017

Title: #479: Merge AD trust installer into composite ones

martbab commented:
"""
@abbra I think that I am confused by the way sidgen plugin works. During LDAP configuration I can see that sidgen/extdom plugins are activated. e.g:

```
  [43/47]: enabling compatibility plugin
  [44/47]: activating sidgen plugin
  [45/47]: activating extdom plugin
```
Yet unless I install AD trust related bits, there are no SIDs generated on entries I am added (user or groups). When the AD trust installer is run, I see that the sidgen task is activated:

```
 [13/21]: activating sidgen task
 [14/21]: configuring smbd to start on boot
```

The admin user now has SID added by installer, yet the existing POSIX groups (editors) have no SIDs associated with them, only the new user I add afterwards.

Do we have a documentation about the semantics of different sidgen-related operations somewhere? If not, can you please explain the behavior I am seeing here?

"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/479#issuecomment-282766662