[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#364][comment] Client-only builds with --disable-server

tiran freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 14:18:32 UTC 2017

Title: #364: Client-only builds with --disable-server

tiran commented:
"""
The PR only affects ```make install```, Python packaging and integration efforts. The goal is to reduce the amount of necessary build dependencies for installation and packaging of Python wheels or for developers that are only interested to build ipa-client locally.

At the moment it is not possible to build FreeIPA without Samba, talloc, tevent, 389 DS, systemd and a couple of more packages. The dependency tree is rather heavy. These dependencies are not relevant for clients, though.

I haven't touched RPM builds deliberately. RPM spec can be adjusted in a subsequent PR. It's not relevant for me.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/364#issuecomment-271879617