[Freeipa-devel] Certificate Identity Mapping

Sumit Bose sbose at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 09:54:44 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 09:59:49AM +0100, David Kupka wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> I would like to bring your attention to just published PRs implementing
> FreeIPA part of Certificate Identity Mapping feature [0]:
>
> - certmap plugin [1] by Flo
> - WebUI for certmap plugin [3] by Pavel
> - tests for certmap plugin [2] by me
>
> Also please think about names of the commands, parameters, entries and
> attributes. We've figured them somehow but if you have any suggestion that
> would improve the understanding please share.

Hi,

thank you for the patches.

Just a general comment about an open question in the design. Honza
suggested to use a priority instead of an issuer name to make sure that
only specific rules are used for a given issuer. The latest mail in the
thread about it is
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2017-January/msg00229.html.

Do you have any opinions here?

I think it won't change much in your patches but we should find an
agreement before e.g. the OID are registered.

bye,
Sumit