[Freeipa-devel] Please review: V4/AD user short names design draft

Martin Babinsky mbabinsk at redhat.com
Thu Mar 2 07:12:04 UTC 2017

>>> I agree, we just have to come to agreement of *which* gears are really
>>> necessary.
>>
>> Indeed, but adding attributes to ipaConfig and the ID Views is not hard,
>> it is a matter of extending two objectclasses instead of one ... if we
>> decide that Id Views are a good abstraction point.
> Adding the same attribute to ID View and to ipaConfig sounds logical to
> me.
>
> Martin, if you want help with this, I can implement ID View-related
> parts. SSSD does have code to retrieve ipaConfig already, and it also
> has support for reading ID View associated with the host. The resulting
> value wouldn't end up in the same place, though, but this is something
> to handle on SSSD side.

I was thinking about this at night (insomnia FTW) and it is actually
pretty easy to extend ID view with the same attribute (see my other
reply to Simo). Given the UI will be pretty dumb, we just can add the
new attribute to the ID view object and a common code will be
responsible for validation of changed values.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky