[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#542][comment] Implementation independent interface for CSR generation

HonzaCholasta freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Tue Mar 7 07:51:33 UTC 2017

Title: #542: Implementation independent interface for CSR generation

HonzaCholasta commented:
"""
* Maybe I'm missing something, but the intent behind the CertificationRequestInfo-based interface was to replace all of the different helpers with a single way of generating CSRs, so it seems a bit strange to me that you are adding another helper for it.
* I would rather avoid creating new, similar but slightly incompatible configuration format. If you can copy code from certmonger, you can copy code from openssl req too, no?
* The idea was indeed to implement this in Python using CFFI to call into OpenSSL library functions.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/542#issuecomment-284647475