[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#547][opened] Use GSS-SPNEGO if connecting locally

simo5 freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Tue Mar 7 13:47:59 UTC 2017

Author: simo5
 Title: #547: Use GSS-SPNEGO if connecting locally
Action: opened

PR body:
"""
GSS-SPNEGO allows us to negotiate a SASL bind with less roundtrips
therefore use it when possible.

We only enable it for local connections for now because we only
recently fixed Cyrus SASL to do proper GSS-SPNEGO negotiation. This
change means a newer and an older version are not compatible.

Restricting ourselves to the local host prevents issues with
incompatible services, and it is ok for us as we are only really
looking for speedups for the local short-lived connections performed
by the framework. Most other clients have longer lived connections,
so peformance improvements there are not as important.
"""

To pull the PR as Git branch:
git remote add ghfreeipa https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa
git fetch ghfreeipa pull/547/head:pr547