[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#573][comment] Provide centralized management of user short name resolution

HonzaCholasta freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Mon Mar 13 12:39:38 UTC 2017

Title: #573: Provide centralized management of user short name resolution

HonzaCholasta commented:
"""
I would rather avoid the refactoring in 4.5 - this is fragile code you are touching and I'm afraid it might break in some cases (think different client / server version combinations, thin client vs fat client, etc.).

As for the edge case values, IMO we should allow `:` without complaining as a special case to support "no domains in the list" configuration, and otherwise require known domain names (like in `certmaprule-add`).
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/573#issuecomment-286095738