[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#542][comment] Implementation independent interface for CSR generation

LiptonB freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Wed Mar 15 17:31:50 UTC 2017

Title: #542: Implementation independent interface for CSR generation

LiptonB commented:
"""
Regarding this comment from @MartinBasti in #590:

> > For the record, #542 removes the helper parameter of cert-get-requestdata, and will be modified to remove the concept of different helpers entirely, though I haven't had a chance to make that change yet.
>
> today is 4.5 release so you have to keep some level of backward compatibility in that PR

What level of backward compatibility is required? Is it not ok to remove helpers? I thought the purpose of making `cert-get-requestdata` an internal, client-side API was that it would be ok to change the parameters as we figured out how it should work.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/542#issuecomment-286819264