[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#624][comment] Use connection keep-alive

tomaskrizek freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Mon Mar 20 11:33:27 UTC 2017

Title: #624: Use connection keep-alive

tomaskrizek commented:
"""
I examined this in wireshark. Without this patch, `ipa vault-add` would establish 7 TCP connections to apache, while it establishes only 3 with this patch. I wasn't able to track down where are the 2 rogue connections opened and why. The situation is similar for other commands.

The question is whether this improvement is good enough or whether we want to optimize the RPC to actually use just a single connection.

Also, please follow the development process next time and assign yourself to the ticket when you start working on it, so other don't have to invest time into solving the same issue.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/624#issuecomment-287735158