[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#644][opened] extdom: improve certificate request

sumit-bose freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Thu Mar 23 09:35:02 UTC 2017

Author: sumit-bose
 Title: #644: extdom: improve certificate request
Action: opened

PR body:
"""
Certificates can be assigned to multiple user so the extdom plugin must use
sss_nss_getlistbycert() instead of sss_nss_getnamebycert() and return a
list of fully-qualified user names.

Due to issues on the SSSD side the current version of lookups by
certificates didn't work at all and the changes here won't break existing
clients.

Related to https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/6646

Since I used the revers lookup for the domain separator in patch I added a
second patch which does this where needed in the reminder of the code as well
to be consistent. Allthough using @-signs in short names is not common practice
it might happen as can be see in https://pagure.io/SSSD/sssd/issue/3219.

The sss_nss_getlistbycert() call is added to SSSD in
https://github.com/SSSD/sssd/pull/207.
"""

To pull the PR as Git branch:
git remote add ghfreeipa https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa