[Freeipa-devel] [WIKI DRAFT] Files to be attached to bug reports

Tomas Krizek tkrizek at redhat.com
Fri May 12 14:42:17 UTC 2017

On 05/12/2017 10:42 AM, Martin Bašti wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I created a wiki page that should help people to provide right logs
> for investigation depending on a issue.
>
> https://www.freeipa.org/page/Files_to_be_attached_to_bug_report
>
> Feel free to fix errors, update sections, add new sections or provide
> feedback. Once this page is polished I will link it to wiki on right
> places.
>

> Martin^2

Thanks for the page, it's a great idea!

I suggest we use '-r' option for all journalctl logs. On a running
server, the journal can be quite long and someone might post an
old/unrelated error by accident. Using '-r' will ensure the user will
see the most recent and relevant log output.

--
Tomas Krizek

PGP: 4A8B A48C 2AED 933B D495  C509 A1FB A5F7 EF8C 4869