[Freeipa-users] samba share access win xp

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 13:09:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 13:57 +0200, Oliver Kaspar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problems accessing a samba share using windows xp, both, the
> samba server and the windows client being ipa clients.
>
> UNKNOWN_SERVER: authtime 1244197692 ...cifs/samba.EXAMPLE.LAN at EXAPMPLE.LAN
> , Server not found in Kerberos database

How do you access the share from windows ?

> Accessing the share with linux and mac os works. Is is a Problem, that
> windows ist looking for cifs/samba.EXAMPLE.LAN and the principal is
> cifs/samba.example.lan? I can't add a server principal in capital
> letters, as it is indicated here: http://sial.org/howto/kerberos/windows/#s4

Well in theory you could try to manually (ldapmodify) set up an alias
(krbPrincipalName is multivalued IIRC) and see if that works somehow,
but we never tested this, it might not work w/o modifications to the KDC
ldap driver.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York