[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA Multi Valued Custom Fields

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 13:16:25 UTC 2009

Mark Hannessen wrote:
> Hi List,
>

> I am currently deploying a freeipa installation for use in within our
> company.
> I have succesfully added a couple of custom attributes to the fedora
> directory server and to the webinterface using ipacustomfields in
> cn=ipaConfig,cn=etc
>

> All attributes however appear in the interface as single valued attributes.
>

> Does anyone know if it is possible ( or hackable ) to present them as
> multivalued attributes in the interface? ( all my custom attributes
> happen to be multi valued, so a hack that would make them all appear
> multi valued would be enough in my case as well )

Unfortunately our support for UI customization is very weak right now
(which is one reason we started from scratch again).

It only supports single-valued custom attributes right now. To try to
add in multi-valued attributes would require a fair bit of work.  In
order to make the UI act the way we wanted we had to dump the TurboGears
template system so it isn't as simple as adding in a new reference to a
UI object. A bunch of custom code needs to be added, particularly for
multi-valued fields.

It isn't an impossible task but it would require a bit of coding on your
end. I can try to point you in the right direction if you want to go
that route (you'd just have to be careful about saving your work so an
IPA update doesn't wipe it all out).

rob