[Freeipa-users] Transfer user database to FreeIPA LDAP

Joe Linoff jlinoff at tabula.com
Sun Jun 24 18:30:12 UTC 2012

Hi Everybody:

We have a legacy web based application (CakePHP) that stores user data
in a DB and I would like to transfer that information to a FreeIPA
Identity Management Server without requiring the users to re-enter their
passwords (if possible).

How would I do that?

I know that the DB stores the password as a SHA-1 hash with a salt. I
was hoping that there was a way for the administrator to directly copy
the SHA-1 password hash from the DB into the Free-IPA LDAP for the user
but I don't even know if that is a reasonable expectation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe