[Freeipa-users] sssd cache

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 14:00:23 UTC 2012

On Fri 16 Nov 2012 08:56:59 AM EST, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Natxo Asenjo <natxo.asenjo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> when running getent negroup <netgroupname> I get old entries.
>> Apparently sssd is being helpful :-) and caching info, but it should
>> not do it when I am connected to the domain (IMHO).
>>
>> According to https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/sssd-cache.html
>> I can clean records with sss_cache, but this command is not available.
>
> ahem ...
>
> this is in sssd-tools, which is in the 2nd dvd iso which is not in my
> local mirror (just the first one). Sorry for the noise.

Two points here. 1) sss_cache is moving to the main package in RHEL
6.4, so you won't have to install the separate sssd-tools package for
it. 2) You might also look at the manpage for
entry_cache_netgroup_timeout. If you want to have a shorter timeout
period for netgroups, you can set it individually (starting with SSSD
1.8.0, IIRC). I'd suggest not setting it shorter than 10s for
performance reasons though.