[Freeipa-users] ipa user-find

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 13:43:43 UTC 2012

On 10/25/2012 03:23 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Rich Megginson wrote:

>>> Assuming you're running on the same host as IPA:
>>>
>>> $ ldapmodify -x -D 'cn=directory manager' -W
>>> dn: cn=default instance config,cn=chaining database,cn=plugins,cn=config
>>> changetype: modify
>>> replace: nsslapd-sizelimit
>>> nsslapd-sizelimit: 8000
>>>
>>> ^D

I would recommend to modify user-specific settings rather that global settings.

E.g. for admin you can set "unlimited" size with following LDIF snippet:
dn: uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=e,dc=test
changetype: modify
add: nsSizeLimit
nsSizeLimit: -1

Also other limits are enforced by 389 DS. All of them can be disabled with
"-1" value:
nsIdleTimeout: -1
nsLookThroughLimit: -1
nsSizeLimit: -1
nsTimeLimit: -1

Please note different attribute names for user-specific and global-setting
attributes.

Whole procedure and attribute meaning is described in

https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.1/html/Administration_Guide/User_Account_Management-Setting_Resource_Limits_Based_on_the_Bind_DN.html

--
Petr^2 Spacek