[Freeipa-users] Virtual Machines??

natxo asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:00:10 UTC 2013

On 07/08/2013 03:49 PM, Schmitt, Christian wrote:
> Hello, is there currently a good way to install FreeIPA or IdM in
> virtual machines?
> Currently we having some Windows Hyper-V Hypervisors since we are
> planning to buy some Dell Hardware that can't run Linux yet, the Dell VRTX.
> Also we want to reuse our Windows Server Datacenter Licenses.
> Is there a good way to do it?

we run a fully virtualized IdM environment on ESX. We did run in time
synch problems after a server was rebooted for updates, the time was way
out of sync.

Running ntpdate to synchronize to the ntp server on boot with the
/etc/sysconfig/ntpdate config file was the solution for us. the iburst
option in ntp.conf works if your clock skew is not greater than 300
seconds, but then you do not have login problems either.

--
groet,
natxo