[Freeipa-users] Where is ipa-client RPMs for RHEL/CENTOS4?

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 15:29:51 UTC 2013

Vitaly wrote:
> I have a few RHEL4.9 boxes and I need to join them to IPA2 domain.
> Unfortunately, there is no ipa-client RPM available for RHEL/CENTO4.
> Somewhere I saw suggestion to use ipa-client package from CENTOS5, but
> of course, it fails because older glibc.
> In the same time, many sources speak about RHEL4 as IPA client.
> Did I miss something?

There is no ipa-client package for RHEL 4. Around 6 years ago we wrote a
script that can configure a 4.x client but AFAIK it hasn't been used for
a very, very long time. You can find it at
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/freeipa.git/tree/contrib/RHEL4

It has probably never been tested against a v2 server.

You may be better off manually configuring these clients.

rob