[Freeipa-users] Instructions for using Postfix SMTP Client Relay with FreeIPA

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Jul 10 21:00:53 UTC 2013

On 07/10/2013 12:12 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 11:45 -0400, Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:
>> Folks,
>> I swear I am not trying to drive up traffic to my very small blog, but I
>> wrote up some instruction for how to configure the postfix mail client
>> to use Kerberos to relay through a Postfix gateway.
>>
>> Instructions are here for folks that are interested:
>> https://stomp.colorado.edu/blog/blog/2013/07/09/on-freeipa-postfix-and-a-relaying-smtp-client/
>>
>> Hopefully it is useful to some people in the future, for me it took the
>> help of some users on the Postfix list, a lot of it was not clear.
> Very nice write up Erinn.
>
> Thanks,
> Simo.

I think it is worth mentioning that starting Fedora 19 the step to
configure cron to fetch tickets is not needed. GSS proxy can be
configured instead to automatically acquire tickets on client's behalf.
https://fedorahosted.org/gss-proxy/

It generally applies to any unattended client that uses keytab to
authenticate it being messaging client, DB client, LDAP client or
anything else. You name it...

Thanks for the blog!

--
Thank you,