[Freeipa-users] new issue with ssh key in the interface

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 08:33:43 UTC 2013

On 07/16/2013 07:24 PM, Armstrong, Kenneth Lawrence wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> i have a new problem with the SSH Key bit in the web interface.  I created a new ssh key for a user, and pasted it into the web interface for the user.  Afterward, it said that the key was not set.  So I attempted again from the commandline, and it looks like it took it.  However, when I go back to the web interface, it doesn't show one set for the user.
>
> I logged out of the interface and back in, but same story.
>
> Running IPA server 3.0 on RHEL 6.4.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> -Kenny

Hello Kenny,

When SSH Public keys field in Web UI displays: "New: key not set" it
means that the key was not set in 'Show/Set key' dialog. In other words
you did not paste anything into the textarea or you pressed 'Cancel'
button instead of 'Set' button.

If something is pasted and confirmed by 'Set' button it displays: 'New:
key set'. The last remaining step is to click on 'Update' button on the
header part of the page to confirm and perform all the changes you made
on the page.

When keys are set in LDAP you should see a line similar to following for
each key:
"13:67:6B:BF:4E:A2:05:8E:AE:25:8B:A1:31:DE:6F:1B public key test (ssh-rsa)"
Each fingerprint is followed by 'Show/Set key' and 'Delete' buttons.

I can't comment the CLI part without more information: key and exact
command you used.

HTH
--
Petr Vobornik