[Freeipa-users] problem creating replica

Pete Brown rendhalver at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 04:14:30 UTC 2013

I was just trying this again and noticed there is a
/var/log/pki/pki-ca-spawn.20130719140342.log file with what i assume
is the logging for the attempt to create the pki.
right at the end is this entry.

2013-07-19 14:04:42 pkispawn    : INFO     ....... unable to access
security domain through REST interface.  Trying old interface. 503
Server Error: Service Unavailable

Does anyone know what that means and how to fix it?

On 19 July 2013 12:46, Pete Brown <rendhalver at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>> see what else needed fixing.
>>> It seems after much investigation and log dredging it seems my admin
>>> password had expired.
>>> I wasn't aware that was possible.
>>> I reset the password and it seemed to get further.
>>> This for some reason not mentioned in the documentation the replica is
>>> trying to ssh into the master as admin.
>>> I managed to fix that by changing my setup and ssh config files.
>>>
>>> Then it actually managed to start the setup process.
>>> But again it fails at exactly the same point mentioned in my initial
>>> email.
>>>
>>> After some further digging with reference to the log output below it
>>> seems I have run into a bug that seems to have been fixed.
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3213
>>> As I mentioned I am running current Fedora 18 so freeipa is
>>> 3.1.5-1.fc18 is that fixed in my version?
>>

>> Yes, that bug was fixed in 3.1.0.
>
> Well the script is still complaining about not being able to find
> dogtag_master_ds_port and the option still appears in my version of
> the script.
> Which from the bug seems to be what was causing the issue and the
> ipareplica-install log I included below says this is the case.
> It seems a bit odd because this is a fresh install of 3.1.5.
>

>>> It also seems the dogatg and IPA directories will be or have been merged?
>>> Which version did this happen in and will it get applied to my server?
>>

>> Also in 3.1.0; new servers installed using that version have merged
>> databases.
>
> I still seem to have split instances.
> I did the install before Fedora 18 was released because I wanted ipa 3
> and that was the only way I could get it.
> Will they get merged at some point or can I do it manually?
>

>>> Can anyone suggest how I go about fixing this issue?
>>

>> Well, ipa-server-uninstall can misbehave if CA installation goes wrong
>> (ticket #2796).
>> So I would start by uninstalling, then running the following command to make
>> sure CA is not left:
>>     sudo pkidestroy -s CA -i pki-tomcat
>> then installing again.
>
> Ran that on my replica after the install and before the clean and it said this.
> That would make sense because it fails during the ca creation stage.
>
> root at ipa2 ~]# pkidestroy -s CA -i pki-tomcat
> ERROR:  PKI instance '/var/lib/pki/pki-tomcat' does NOT exist!
>

>> Can you also provide logs without the --skip-conncheck flag? Specifically
>> the /var/log/ipareplica-conncheck.log should be interesting.
>
> From what I can tell all the tests in the connection check passed.
>

>>> I wanted to create a replica so I could upgrade to fedora 19 and not
>>> have to take my single instance of FreeIPA offline while that was
>>> happening.
>>> Will I need to upgrade to Fedora 19 to fix my issue?
>>

>>> For reference this is the point of failure in the
>>> /var/log/ipareplica-install.log file
>>>
>>> 2013-07-18T01:06:16Z DEBUG Starting external process
>>> 2013-07-18T01:06:16Z DEBUG args=/usr/sbin/pkispawn -s CA -f /tmp/tmpFKBxMW
>>> 2013-07-18T01:08:16Z DEBUG Process finished, return code=1
>>> 2013-07-18T01:08:16Z DEBUG stdout=Loading deployment configuration