[Freeipa-users] IPA clients doesn't see all user's group

Vitaly linux at karasik.org
Wed Jul 31 12:27:41 UTC 2013

Jakub, many thanks!

>Interesting, can you run ipa user-show --all --raw myuser and check if
>all three groups are visible as values of the "memberof" attribute? I
>suspect they will..
Yes, all 3 groups are visible

>If they do, can you then put debug_level=7 to the [domain] section of
>sssd.conf, restart sssd and attach or paste the logs from /var/log/sssd

As far as I see  for problematic group3

(Wed Jul 31 12:10:39 2013) [sssd[be[example.com]]]
[sdap_initgr_nested_search] (2): Search for group
cn=group3,cn=groups,cn=accounts,
,dc=example,dc=com, returned 0 results. Skipping

So I tried on my IPA client "getent  group group2/3" -  there is an
answer for group2, but not for group3. Interesting...
In IPA server "ipa group-show group2/3 "  show similar output for both
groups, including members.

Jakub, if you agree, I'll send you log to your email, I prefer do not
post it to the list.